Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Complimentary Webinar - Going Global: Partnering and Investing in International Life Sciences
Sponsored by MERRILL DATASITE®
Whether pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceuticals, medical devices or diagnostics, virtually every company in the Life Sciences is looking for international partnerships. In addition to traditional factors such as market size, life science companies must also consider key factors such as technology fit and the assets/scale of potential partners to allow for effective product commercialization.
Come learn from seasoned experts how knowledge about a potential partner’s innovations is essential, how to identify and evaluate prospective partners and effectively size market potential, why focus should center on individual countries rather than regions and how to identify and mitigate commercial risk. A checklist for partnering and investing internationally, illustrated with recent real-world examples, will be provided.
Moderator David Yeary of Merrill’s Datasite will lead a 90-minute discussion with Jim Weissman, Vice President of Business Development, MannKind Corporation, and Yali Friedman, Ph.D., founder of thinkBiotech. They will cover how technology has helped MannKind accomplish their international licensing goals, both efficiently and securely, as well as touch on many hot topics in biotechnology entrepreneurship.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- What Life Sciences companies must do before they start the licensing/partnering process
- How to find the most appropriate global partner for your asset
- What information do you need to communicate to potential global partners?
- How to organize data to communicate effectively with global partners
- How to identify and manage the risks of global partnerships
- What lessons can we learn and how to avoid pitfalls
The experts will also answer your team's questions during the Q&A.